Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Gourmet Magazine, makes a good breakfast, side dish or a meal in itself!
Make and share this Bell Pepper and Zucchini Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves or 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (for a change)
- In a 9-inch non-stick skillet cook the onion, the zucchini, and the peppers with salt and black pepper to taste in 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat, stirring, for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, 1/3 cup of the Parmesan and the parsley (or cilantro), add the vegetable mixture, and stir the mixture until it is combined well.
- In the skillet heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over moderate heat until it is hot but not smoking, pour in the egg mixture, distributing the vegetables evenly, and cook the frittata, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edge is set but the center is still soft.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan over the top.
- (If the skillet handle is plastic, wrap it in a double thickness of foil.) Broil the frittata under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is golden, let it cool in the skillet for 5 minutes, and run a knife around the edge.
- Slide the frittata onto a serving plate, cut it into wedges, and serve it warm or at room temperature.
Nice dinner with fresh bread and salad. I used cheddar cheese.
Yum! Exactly what I was looking for! I made this more in a quiche-style because I started out in my non-stick fry pan and didn't want to put that under the broiler. I sauteed the veggies then put them in a glass pie pan. I then poured the egg mixture over the top and baked at 350 for about 15 minutes untili the edges were golden and the center was firm. Will try it under the broiler next time to get it more golden on top, but it tasted great!!
I used one small onion. And I used dry parsley. No need to add salt cause the parmesan is already salty. It was a yummy meal. We all loved it. thanks Sharon. Made for Please Review My Recipe