Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A roasted red pepper, green pepper and tomato relish found in Taste of Home magazine. Serve relish with roast chicken or pork dishes, or use it as a pizza or bruschetta topping.
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 340.19 g plum tomato, seeded, chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush bell peppers with 2 Tablespoons oil; arrange on a baking sheet in single layer.
- Roast until peppers are tender and begin to brown, turning occasionally, about 35 minutes.
- Cool peppers for 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed and slice peppers.
- Heat 4 Tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add plum tomatoes and garlic.
- Sauté until tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced peppers to skillet; sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add cilantro and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
I scaled the recipe down for one of each pepper. This so good with enchiladas, over rice, etc. Thanks!