Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy saute which can be used with roasts, steaks, served as a side dish or can even be eaten served on toast, just puree the sauce, with a bruschetta.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh large button mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon or 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute bell peppers and mushrooms 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender & there is no more liquid.
- Add garlic powder and onion powder.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in tarragon and cook for about another minute.
We used this as a topping for pasta. We cooked some sliced Jalapeno Chicken Sausage along with the peppers and this gave it some more flavor. I think it would have been bland had we not done that. We'll probably make this again. It's very easy. Thanks for posting.
Lovely simple side dish!! I made one serving using about three ounces each baby bellas and mini peppers, as well as about 1/3 teaspoon of dried tarragon. I sautéed this in about a teaspoon of peanut oil. Thanks for posting!!