Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I bought a recipe book by a local women's group on my recent trip to Belize (Silly Bug & Bittle Recipes) and this one sounds like something I would like. I'll be making it without the green pepper, but left it in the recipe as many people probably would like it that way.
- 1 lb white fish fillet
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and dry fish, then drench with juice of limes.
- Drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 layer of fish in a shallow pan.
- Cover with green pepper and onion, then sprinkle with curry powder.
- Drizzle with coconut oil or melted butter.
- Squeeze remaining lime juice on fish.
- Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake for 10 minutes, then baste with liquid. Fish is done when it flakes easily with fork (total cooking time was not offered in recipe, but I've often heard 10 minutes per inch of thickness).