Recipe by Debbie R.
This is from Just Food. I haven't tried it yet. In Belize they use a small piece of salt pork in it and omit the salt. I think that could be very good. I have no idea how long it takes to make.
- 226.79 g dried red kidney beans
- 473.18 ml rice
- 236.59 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt (or a piece of salt pork)
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover beans in water, and soak overnight.
- Put beans in pot; add onions, bell pepper, garlic, and enough water to boil until beans are tender and whole. Add coconut milk, and seasonings.
- Add rice to beans, and cook over gentle heat until liquid is absorbed. Stir gently with a fork, and add a little water as necessary, until rice is cooked.