1/1 Photo of Belizean Fu-Fu (Mashed Plantain)
I bought a recipe book by a local women's group on my recent trip to Belize (Silly Bug & Bittle Recipes) and this one sounds like something I would like. I love plantains and I love mashed sweet potatoes, so I'm guessing I would like this. The original recipe calls for just the plantain but the site requires at least 2 ingredients so I added butter and salt as I have a feeling I'll add a little of both, but will give it a try plain first and then modify as needed.
My Private Note
- 1Plantains are ripe when the skin turns black and they are soft to the touch. Peel the plantain and cut in half. (I've found it easiest to peel by scoring the skin with a knife in several spots before attempting to peel).
- 2Put plantain in a pot covered with water and boil until soft (I have no idea on the time, will update the recipe after I try it).
- 3Drain water and mash in pot with a potato masher.
- 4Add butter and salt as to taste.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belizean Fu-Fu (Mashed Plantain)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g