Recipe by PollyB
A friend brought this recipe back after a holiday in belize.
Top Review by jnpj
I knew I would love this when I first saw it. This dish tastes amazing! It was incredibly flavorful and very different. I made my own Jamaican jerk spice using Rita's Recipe #156341. Thanks for the lovely recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canzesty diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- 2 large unpeeled baking potatoes, such as russets (8 to 10 ounces each)
- jamaican jerk spice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Drain and reserve 1 tablespoon of the tomatoes.
- Add remaining tomatoes, 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning to beef; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover skillet; continue simmering 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices; pierce in several places with a fork.
- Dip in cold water; sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and jerk seasoning.
- Place in single layer on nonstick baking pan.
- Broil 3 to 6 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning once.
- Combine topping ingredients and reserved 1 tablespoon tomatoes in small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon beef mixture over potatoes.
- Serve with topping.