Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
From "The Great California Cookbook". I'll have to try this soon. It looks delicious!
Make and share this Belize BBQ Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 jalapenos or 1 habanero pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chipotle chile, minced
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except the chicken, salt and pepper into a stock kettle and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Cut the backbone out of the chicken, then butterfly.
- Lightly season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Apply sauce to both sides of chicken lavishly and cook slowly at 275 for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Raise heat to 400 for 15 minutes and serve immediately with natural juices.