Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Belinda gave this recipe to me to try and it is fantastic. Super simple to prepare, bursting with flavors, colors, and comfort. Serve for a simple dinner or a dinner party. measurements for herbs are approximate as flavors depend on individual
- 907.18 g tilapia fillets (4 large size filets- would not let me type this)
- olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 453.59 g fresh green beans
- 453.59 g fresh spinach
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4 in thickness (can use more)
- 118.29-236.59 ml parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, and or oregano, can be sprinkled over top of green beans and tomatoes if you so choose
- In a 9x13-inch roasting pan drizzle olive oil on bottom of pan (approx 1 tbsp).
- place green beans on bottom of pan.
- Stuff spinach into pan, it will look overflowing DO NOT WORRY about this it will cook down.
- Lay tilapia over top of spinach, top with garlic, onions, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil (approximately 1 tbsp).
- Cover with foil and cook 30-40 minutes at 350°F.
- Uncover and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and return to oven to bake for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Very colorful and healthy . French green beans were used in making this. I also used dried basil and a little salt. I was going to steam the gr. beans for 5 minutes but did not. I don't like crunchy beans so will steam next time. My slices of vidalia onions were very large. I'll use my mandolin to get thin slices in the future. Even with using those hard hot house tomatoes, they still tasted great in this dish. Made during * Zaar World Tour 5* 2009 game for team *Genies of Gourmet*
I give this 5 stars because it was easy to prepare, had eye appeal and tasted delicious! I did have all of the ingredients, perhaps not all of the spinach, but added a touch of arugula to it too. I shaved the garlic cloves and added an extra one. I also salted and peppered the top of the creation before I put it in the oven. The green beans came out on the crispy side at 30 mins which is o.k. with me. I grated the parmesan cheese on top and served with side of red roasted potatoes with minced garlic and more parmesan cheese. 2 of my kids liked it just fine (ages 9 & 7 - the third child doesn't typically eat much at night no matter what). I am sure the hubby will love it too-he just arrived home. I was excited to post this review as it's hard to find fish recipes that are tasteful and easy and healthful. This is a Keeper.
We love tilapia and all the ingredients in this recipe, so I was happy to find this. We all really enjoyed it; it was easy to prep ahead of time and made a beautiful presentation. It's very healthy, lo-cal and low cholesterol also. The only change I would make is to add more spinach, a little more garlic, and some salt. I will make it again and thank you for posting this new way to prepare tilapia.