Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Belinda gave this recipe to me to try and it is fantastic. Super simple to prepare, bursting with flavors, colors, and comfort. Serve for a simple dinner or a dinner party. measurements for herbs are approximate as flavors depend on individual
Top Review by Charlotte J
Very colorful and healthy . French green beans were used in making this. I also used dried basil and a little salt. I was going to steam the gr. beans for 5 minutes but did not. I don't like crunchy beans so will steam next time. My slices of vidalia onions were very large. I'll use my mandolin to get thin slices in the future. Even with using those hard hot house tomatoes, they still tasted great in this dish. Made during * Zaar World Tour 5* 2009 game for team *Genies of Gourmet*
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets (4 large size filets- would not let me type this)
- olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4 in thickness (can use more)
- 1⁄2-1 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, and or oregano, can be sprinkled over top of green beans and tomatoes if you so choose
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9x13-inch roasting pan drizzle olive oil on bottom of pan (approx 1 tbsp).
- place green beans on bottom of pan.
- Stuff spinach into pan, it will look overflowing DO NOT WORRY about this it will cook down.
- Lay tilapia over top of spinach, top with garlic, onions, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil (approximately 1 tbsp).
- Cover with foil and cook 30-40 minutes at 350°F.
- Uncover and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and return to oven to bake for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.