Recipe by hrtsng
More of a technique than a recipe - so fool around with it. It's a wonderful time saver when entertaining. This can be started in the afternoon. Prepare the remaining details of your meal, take a nap :-) and finish the baking just prior to serving time.
- beef rib roast (Any size)
- salt and pepper
- additional seasoning, of choice (no flour) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper/optional seasonings.
- Place in a roasting pan (uncovered) and into preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven, but do not peek or open the oven door.
- Turn oven back on at 300 degrees Fahrenheit:
- 45 minutes before serving time for rare roast beef;
- 50 minutes before serving time for medium;
- 55 minutes before serving time for medium well.
- That's it!
- DON'T PEEK!