1/6 Photos of Belgian Waffles Texas Style
1 hr 20 mins
The State Fair of Texas serves Belian Waffles topped with powdered sugar and fresh sliced strawberries. They are out of this world and have been a State Fair tradition for years. This is my version of those wonderful waffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the yeast over warm milk; stir to dissolve.
- 2Beat the egg yolks and add to yeast mixture along with vanilla.
- 3Blend together the flour, salt and sugar; add to liquid ingredients.
- 4Stir in the melted butter and combine well.
- 5Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 6Carefully fold beaten egg whites into batter and let the mixture stand in a warm place about 45 minutes or until it doubles in bulk.
- 7Using approximately 1/2 cup mix per waffle, pour into preheated waffle baker and bake according to manufacturers recommendations.
- 8Spoon fresh strawberries onto waffles and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belgian Waffles Texas Style
Serving Size: 1 (1435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g