Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not for a corn free diet. From http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour (corn based)
- 1⁄2 cup millet flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (also contains corn)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks (I use egg replacer)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk
- 3 egg whites, beaten until stiff peaks form (I use egg replacer)
- real maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl or large 4 cup measuring cup, whisk together egg yolks, oil, and rice milk.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold in beaten egg whites to batter. You should still be able to see white streaks of beaten egg white running through batter, this is what you want! Try not to over-stir the egg whites into the batter!
- Pour batter into your hot waffle iron and cook per instructions on for your iron.
- Serve with real maple syrup or your kind of topping.