Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Top with syrup, sliced fruit and whipped cream.
- 1⁄2 cup water (110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stir and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients with the exception of the egg whites.
- Mix with rotary beater until smooth.
- Cover and let rest in a warm location for about 1/2 hour.
- Beat the two egg whites until stiff and fold gently into batter.
- Bake in a moderately hot waffle iron 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
I mixed up a double batch and between the five of us including three teens,the waffles were disappearing as fast as I could cook them.My wife was sceptical at first because of the yeast in the recipe but she also loved them.We did fresh whipped cream with fresh fruits.
was really pleased with the way these waffles turned out... didn't seem to be to complicated. They were crisp on the outside and tender inside.. will make over and over.
Yum, Yum, Yum. This recipe takes a little more time than some without the yeast.... Your effort will be rewarded! Made a batch last nite, froze the leftover, reheated some in the toaster oven this morning and my children were happy all over again! Thanks for sharing a great recipe.