Recipe by Charlotte J
Top with syrup, sliced fruit and whipped cream.
Top Review by jump
I mixed up a double batch and between the five of us including three teens,the waffles were disappearing as fast as I could cook them.My wife was sceptical at first because of the yeast in the recipe but she also loved them.We did fresh whipped cream with fresh fruits.
- 1⁄2 cup water (110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stir and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients with the exception of the egg whites.
- Mix with rotary beater until smooth.
- Cover and let rest in a warm location for about 1/2 hour.
- Beat the two egg whites until stiff and fold gently into batter.
- Bake in a moderately hot waffle iron 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.