- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle yeast over warm milk stirring to dissolve.
- Beat egg yolks and add to yeast mixture with vanilla.
- Sift together flour, salt, and sugar and add to liquid ingredients.
- Stir in melted butter and combine thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into batter.
- Let mixture stand in a warm place about 45 minutes or until it doubles in bulk.
- Use 1-1/3 cups mix per waffle in your hot waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.