From King George IV Inn Bed and Breakfast
Make and share this Belgian Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm milk stirring to dissolve.
- Beat egg yolks and add to yeast mixture with vanilla.
- Sift together flour, salt, and sugar and add to liquid ingredients.
- Stir in melted butter and combine thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into batter.
- Let mixture stand in a warm place about 45 minutes or until it doubles in bulk.
- Use 1-1/3 cups mix per waffle in your hot waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This is the first time that I have made waffles with yeast. The waffles were descent in spite of my mistakes so they should be absolutely wonderful experienced hands. My mistake was that I used quick yeast instead of dry yeast and had to move the steps around. I would prefer a more vanilla and sweeter taste. But over all I was very pleased with the way it turned out. We put sugar free black berry jam on the waffles and they were excellent.
Excellent and easy recipe. Thank you Charlotte J. for posting this on zaar. I only added cinnamon and a little more sugar. I like them sweet. I put butter and real maple syrup on them and they were gone in a flash. My dad was impressed and said they were good. My 24 year old son is visiting us and he liked them too. I was lazy this morning and used the Kichenaid mixer to whip the egg whites with a pinch of Cream of Tartar. I mixed all the ingredients up to the egg whites in the mixer too then I folded in the egg whites by hand. Really super waffles. Thank you again.