Recipe by live_2_dream
South Beach Diet Phase 1
Top Review by Ambervim
Light and tasty. I wish the name indicated there was no flour. I only "happened" to find it as I was looking for some recipes to use up some ricotta. It is a forgiving recipe, also. I was hand beating the eggs when I read that I was to do it with an electric mixer. So I whipped the dickens our of them and it worked fine. I am sure they will be even better when I do it the right way!
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 dash nutmeg (to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat waffle iron. If no waffle iron is available, recipe can also be used for fluffy pancakes, but that is not as much fun!
- Beat eggs with electric mixer on high for 1 minute to make them light and fluffy. Add all other ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Spray waffle maker with PAM or other cooking spray. Pour all batter, should fill bottom tray. Close and cook as usual for waffles.
- Top with Smart Spread or other butter substitute, a sprinkle of splenda, and/or some sugar free syrup. Serve with V8 for a complete and satisfying breakfast!
- For Phase 2, top with berries. You can also nuke blueberries and add some splenda to make your own blueberry syrup. Other P2 variations include adding one of the following: 1 T wheat germ, 1 T ground flax seed, 1/4 C oatmeal. You may also try using cottage cheese instead of some of the ricotta.