Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are very thin and delicate cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped or 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white, vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour. Beat until well blended. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter 4 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. (Bake only 4 cookies per sheet.) Flatten slightly with spatula.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until cookies are deep golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet 1 minute. Working quickly, while cookies are still hot, drape cookies over rolling pin or bottle so both sides hang down and form saddle shape; cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Tilt saucepan to pool chocolate at one end; dip edge of each cookie, turning slowly so entire edge is tinged with chocolate.
- Transfer cookies to waxed paper; let stand at room temperature 1 hour or until set. Store tightly covered at room temperature. Do not freeze.