Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are really good. Easy, but fancy enough for company...
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon shallot (minced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh grated nutmeg (to taste)
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion (sliced thin)
- 3 Belgian endive (cored, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup belgian beer
- 1⁄2 cup pork broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- Soak breadcrumbs in milk for 5 minutes. Squeeze dry.
- Mix with the turkey, pork, egg, shallot, parsley, salt and pepper. Shape into 8 (2 inch) balls. Dust with flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add meatballs. Brown evenly. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- To skillet add the onion and endive. Saute 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Add beer and broth. Let thicken.
- Return meatballs to heat through.
- Top with parsley.