Recipe by mollypaul
Rabbit is available at supermarkets these days if you don't hunt your own. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 rabbit, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cracker crumb
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place butter in an uncovered roasting pan and place in oven to melt.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper; roll in flour, then beaten eggs, then cracker crumbs.
- Place meat in roaster and add onion and bay leaf.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, basting frequently.