Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian cookbook. Posting for ZWT3. “French tradition warrants that this salad be served on Christmas or New Year’s Eve in French homes… The slightly bitter taste of the tear-shaped Belgian endive marries itself well with Roquefort cheese and a strong-flavored vinaigrette. To clean endives, wipe them with a damp cloth. Don’t soak them, since they tend to absorb water.”
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Belgian endive, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard with vinegar.
- Add oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and whisk until vinaigrette thickens.
- In a large serving bowl, toss endives, walnuts and Roquefort with the dressing. Serve chilled.