Endives wrapped in ham and baked in a cheese sauce with sauteed peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the endives and fry gently until lightly browned on all side. Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2Reheat the oil in the frying pan, add the peppers and sauté gently until they begin to soften. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Add the flour to the remaining oil in the pan and cook until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the milk a little at a time, mixing well between each addition and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat, add the cheeses, salt and pepper and stir until well blended.
- 6Stir in the sautéed peppers. Set aside.
- 7Wrap each endive in a piece of ham and place in a shallow ovenproof dish side by side.
- 8Cover with cheese and pepper sauce and bake for about 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and brown. Serve hot garnished with freshly chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belgian Endive Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 187.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: