1/2 Photos of Belgian Endive and Apple Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
This is a very colorful, simple yet tasty salad which would be perfect served with a holiday meal or anytime you have a craving for cranberries! I discovered this recipe in Bon Appetit, 1999.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 apples, unpeeled, cored, chopped (Red Delicious or Fuji work best)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries (could use dried)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1Whisk oil, cranberry juice concentrate and vinegar in small bowl to blend.
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Combine endive and apples in medium bowl.
- 4Pour dressing over; toss to coat.
- 5Sprinkle cranberries, green onions and walnuts over and serve.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belgian Endive and Apple Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar