This is a very colorful, simple yet tasty salad which would be perfect served with a holiday meal or anytime you have a craving for cranberries! I discovered this recipe in Bon Appetit, 1999.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 apples, unpeeled, cored, chopped (Red Delicious or Fuji work best)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cranberries (could use dried)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Whisk oil, cranberry juice concentrate and vinegar in small bowl to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine endive and apples in medium bowl.
- Pour dressing over; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle cranberries, green onions and walnuts over and serve.