Recipe by Mommy Diva
A nice recipe found on cooks dot com for ZWT6.
Top Review by magpie diner
Interesting recipe, although I found it a little frustrating at times. If I was to make it again I'm sure it would go much smoother and result in a better looking cookie....taste wise they're great as-is altho some vanilla would have been nice. I didn't manage to get 30 cookies from the batch, and that was mistake #1 on my part - you really need to get them small and then spread out very thin...which I found tricky to do. And when you say cool on the foil, you really mean cool...in fact, I found throwing them in the fridge for a few minutes really helped to be able to peel from the foil. The batter certainly couldn't be much easier, so I'm sure I'll give these another try around holiday time. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6.
- 1⁄2 cup flour, unsifted
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (two 1oz squares)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour and nuts. In a 1-quart saucepan, stir together next 3 ingredients. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat. Remove. Stir in flour mixture until well blended.
- Drop by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls in oval shape 3" apart onto foil-lined cookie sheet. Spread evenly with rubber spatula to 1/2" by 1 1/2" oval.
- Bake at 350°F 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on foil on rack. Peel foil from cookies.
- Place cookies, 1 at a time, top side down on cookie sheet. Return to oven 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Roll into cylinder shape starting on long side. Cool on rack.
- Spread 1 end of each cookie with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set or eat it as-is.
- May be stored in tightly covered container up to 1 week.