Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 100 g cheese, grated
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- fresh fresh ground black pepper
- Melt the butter, add 2 tablespoons of flour and simmer for three minutes while stirring.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil, keep stirring. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat. Add the cheese and the spices.
- Refrigerate the mixture 2 hours.
- Form 10 croquettes out of this mixture.
- Take out three plates, put bread crumbs in one, the remaining flour in the other and the eggs in the third.
- Roll each croquette through flour, then through egg white and finally through bread crumbs.
- Put them back into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Deep fry until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.