Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
To make your own pastry flour, use one part cake flour to two parts all-purpose flour.
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter plus 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 eggs, beaten lightly with a fork
- 1 1⁄3 cups superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons pastry flour
- Roughly chop the chocolate. Place in a medium-sized bowl and add the butter.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, creating a double boiler. Heat, stirring constantly, until the butter and chocolate have melted together. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325'°F.
- Sift together the flour and sugar, then stir into the chocolate. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. The batter will thicken.
- Line a muffin tin with liners. Scoop the brownie mixture evenly between the liners.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes. The brownies will still be moist when done, but they will puff up and fall slightly when cooling.