Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe that I found on the Pogo gaming site. These layered tropical bars contain shredded coconut, macadamia nuts and lime juice. I haven't had a chance to make them yet, but I am looking forward to trying these.
- If you have a food processor, use it to combine 2 cups flour, confectioner's sugar, butter, shredded coconut and chopped macadamia nuts.
- If you don't have a food processor, combine the 2 cups flour, confectioner's sugar,butter, shredded coconut and chopped macadamia nuts in a large bowl. Use two knives to cut and mix the ingredients until the mixture is in little bits about the size of small peas.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan and press the flour mixture in an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until browned.
- Remove from oven and let this crust stand and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a second bowl, mix the granulated sugar, lime juice, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder and eggs until the mixture is smooth. Pour ino the baked crust. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until the filling is set.
- Allow to cool and cut into 3" x 3" bars. To serve, dust with a little confectioner's sugar.
These are very tasty bars. I do think there is just a bit to much base and not quite enough lime topping. It bakes into it. I suggest beating the eggs BEFORE adding to the sugar/limejuice mixture. I thought it was well mixed but ended up having a few bits of egg white LOL Made for Photo Tag