1/2 Photos of Belafonte Bars
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
Another recipe that I found on the Pogo gaming site. These layered tropical bars contain shredded coconut, macadamia nuts and lime juice. I haven't had a chance to make them yet, but I am looking forward to trying these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you have a food processor, use it to combine 2 cups flour, confectioner's sugar, butter, shredded coconut and chopped macadamia nuts.
- 2If you don't have a food processor, combine the 2 cups flour, confectioner's sugar,butter, shredded coconut and chopped macadamia nuts in a large bowl. Use two knives to cut and mix the ingredients until the mixture is in little bits about the size of small peas.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan and press the flour mixture in an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until browned.
- 4Remove from oven and let this crust stand and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 5In a second bowl, mix the granulated sugar, lime juice, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder and eggs until the mixture is smooth. Pour ino the baked crust. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until the filling is set.
- 6Allow to cool and cut into 3" x 3" bars. To serve, dust with a little confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belafonte Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 73.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g