Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good quality tuna steaks that may be served medium to medium rare are a MUST! The glaze complements the flavor of the steaks for a great summer grilled dish.
- 4 medium tuna steaks, 1 inch in thickness
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients except tuna in a 1 gallon zipper bag. Squish together until well combined, then add tuna steaks. Seal and let marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or if longer, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to 475. Grill approximately 3 minutes, turn, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes to desired doneness, basting while cooking.
- Transfer to plate and serve.
Absolutely delicious!! Made the marinade for just one steak but it was fabulous!
Delicious! I wouldn't add anymore chilli flakes though, unless you like it hot. Just the right amount of heat & flavour. Thank you!
This is an excellent recipe. A tip for anyone who wound up with tuna that was too well done. I had bought frozen tuna steaks, and they were not defrosted all the way when I grilled them. I followed the instructions of 3 min per side and I wound up with basically something like a tuna tataki (it was just warm in the middle and still totally rare) the flavors are outstanding and I don't even think I marinated quite as long as the recipe called for. Keeper recipe! (Served with stir fry snow peas and red peppers and some jasmine rice, perfect "Asian inspired" meal)