Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great cake for something new.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Cool Whip, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Melt Crisco in microwave.
- In 13 X 9 inch cake pan, grease the bottom and sides, and mix cherries and pineapples together in pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over top completely.
- Sprinkle melted shortening on top, and put coconut on.
- Bake in oven for one hour or until top is golden brown.
- Great with Cool Whip.