Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I loved these growing up. My grandparents lived in a small town in northern Texas where they had a German festival the first weekend of July. She always made these, and every time she came to visit we would make them with her. Your family will love these meat filled pastries
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- frozen dinner rolls, thawed and flattened (the round balls of dough in the freezer section)
- Cook meat, onion and seasonings in large heavy skillet until meat is just done. About 20 minute
- add cabbage and cook until cabbage turns color. About 20 minute
- Pour off any excess grease and let cool.
- Roll dough about ½ inches thick and cut to 5 or 6 in squares.
- Place a portion of meat mixture on each square; fold up corners to center and seal all edges.
- Take opposite corners and pinch together.
- Place upside down in greased baking dish.
- Let rise about 20 minute
- bake at 350 for about 30 minute or until brown.
Thanks for sharing this. I lived in that exact small town and have missed these since moving away. I now live in the UK and have been looking for this recipe! They are fab!