Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I loved these growing up. My grandparents lived in a small town in northern Texas where they had a German festival the first weekend of July. She always made these, and every time she came to visit we would make them with her. Your family will love these meat filled pastries
- Cook meat, onion and seasonings in large heavy skillet until meat is just done. About 20 minute
- add cabbage and cook until cabbage turns color. About 20 minute
- Pour off any excess grease and let cool.
- Roll dough about ½ inches thick and cut to 5 or 6 in squares.
- Place a portion of meat mixture on each square; fold up corners to center and seal all edges.
- Take opposite corners and pinch together.
- Place upside down in greased baking dish.
- Let rise about 20 minute
- bake at 350 for about 30 minute or until brown.