Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Lucia Ceresini, a friend from Brasil with whose husband I worked while in grad school, graciously shared her recipe with me. When the folks from South American found out I loved coconut, I was the happy recipient of their goodies and recipes.... each and every one of them delicious. BTW - the recipe title translates to: "Little Kiss of Bahia's Coconut"
- 14 ounces sweetened coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 cups coconut, to roll balls in (approximate amount)
- Mix first three ingredients in a microwave-proof mixing bowl.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Stir; cook on HIGH for additional 4 minutes.
- Pour mixture on plain cookie sheet w/ sides; let cool slightly.
- Make small balls out of the cooled mixture and roll in coconut.
- NOTE: You may chill the cooked mixture and then cut into squares.
This is a truly yummilicious treat and one of my absolute favourites :)