Recipe by Marz
This is a cousin of the chocolate drop, brigadeiro, instead of chocolate there is coconut. This is a staple at any Brazilian child's birthday party.
Top Review by jln's mom
These are delicious. Very sweet, a special treat. I had both main ingredients on hand left over from the holidays so I thought I'd give these a try. I will make these for special occasions again and again.Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup dried coconut (I like to use the unsweetened kind)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and mix constantly with a wooden spoon (about 15 minutes).
- When mixture begins to thicken and begin to loosen from the bottom of the pan when you scrap it with the wooden spoon you know the mixture has completed the cooking cycle.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a greased plate and cool for 15 minutes. Grease your hand very well and roll into 1 inch balls. Drop balls into a plate full of sugar and completely cover the ball.
- These balls are usually served on miniature paper liners.