Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This Chinese-inspired appetizer is great at any gathering.
- 4 lbs pork loin baby back ribs, cut in half lengthwise across the bones
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to toaste
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder (or see alternate below)
- Cut ribs into single rib portions. Place ribs in a foil-lined large shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 425-degree oven for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and five-spice powder. Drain fat from ribs. Place ribs in bowl with ketchup mixture. Toss to coat ribs thoroughly. Return to baking pan. (If desired, ch ill up to 24 hours.).
- To continue cooking, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 15 to 25 minutes longer or until tender.
- Alternative Five-spice Powder: Combine 1/2 t. ground cinnamon, 1/4 t. ground ginger, 1/4 t. ground cloves, 1/4 t. ground anise, and 1/4 t. ground fennel.
Really tasty and very easy!
These were easy and delicious. Made for CQ 2014.
I thought it was very good,and ill make it again. Thank you.