Recipe by Chef*Lee
I made up this bok choy with grapefruit juice, rice wine vinegar, and honey to give it a different twist than the usual teriyaki flavors. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 large bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (about 5 onions)
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, juice of (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey (pref. raw, thick type)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and wash each bok choy rib before chopping.
- In a small bowl; mix grapefruit juice, rice vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms then saute on med-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat down to med-low then add bok choy and the marinade.
- Stir then cover and simmer for 10 minutes until bok choy wilts. (Stir occasionally during this time).
- After 10 minutes, remove lid and add the sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Stir and simmer for 1 more minute.