Yes this is *totally* cheating, *but* totally yum! Another *great* recipe from my Cajun French friends!
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits, I use flaky ones
- 2 cups oil
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove biscuits from can and cut each in half and a 1 inch slit in the center to make a typical beignet shape.
- When oil is hot fry about 6 beignets at a time, turning often so they do not burn but turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain beignets on a paper towel.
- Place on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.