2 hrs 10 mins
A sweet treat just lovely with your coffee or tea. Also good with peach halves. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the batter: beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- 2Beat egg yolks until light; add sugar and salt, beat well and add flour, beating again.
- 3Add fruit juice and butter and enough water to make about the consistency of pancake batter.
- 4Fold in egg whites.
- 5Peel apricots if using fresh, stone and cut in half.
- 6Sprinkle with lemon peel and sugar; marinate in Madeira for two hours.
- 7Drain well, dip into batter and drop from spoon into hot oil (365F) and fry until golden brown.
- 8Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beignets D'abricots - Apricot Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 233.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g