Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not only can you make this meatloaf without heating up your oven (and kitchen) but it also COOKS IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, green pepper and onion.
- Crumble ground beef into bowl.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, then plunge them right inches.
- Once you've got it mixed really well, pat it into a 10-inch non-stick skillet.
- Cover the skillet, and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low, and continue to cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meatloaf is done when no longer pink inside, juices run clear, and a meat thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
You are so much fun. Thank You for the smiles. Meatloaf was fun to make. It worked really well in my SaladMaster cookware.
Great recipe! I made half the recipe and it was more than enough for two people. I used a small cast iron fry pan and the meat browned nicely, and I drizzled some BBQ sauce on the top and put it in the oven uncovered for the last 10 minutes to brown. Served it with green bean casserole.
I'm not a big fan of meatloaf but I thought this was delicious! Instead of oats I used a cup of stove top stuffing which turned out great. Great alternative to baking and in my opinion better. Put bbq sauce last few minutes of cooking.