Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This was the first meal my Grams taught me. She had told be that the secret is that you do not always need the best cut of meat, you just need to know how to make it taste like it is. To this day I make this but over the years I have added my own flavors to it. I showed this to my friend who just got married and does not know how to cook. Her husband was delighted. This is simple and it nice for a dinner for two with leftovers.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place 1/4 of the onion on the bottom of the pan. If you do no have roasting pan you can use a cake pan, you will need to use foil to make a tent.
- Trim excess fat from the meat. Salt and pepper generously both sides. If you use the Worcestershire sauce cut back on the salt.
- Place the roast in the pan, add water and the remaining onions. Make sure to have onions on top of the roast.
- Cover and put in the oven for about an hour.
- Then lower the temp to 350°F for another 1-1 1/2 hours depending on how rare or cooked you want you meat.
- •My additions are when the mood strikes:.
- Yellow and red peppers.
- A-1 Steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce.
- Over the years I have made this with a frozen roast and only had to cut back the water and add about another hour or so to the cooking time.