Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Belgian Endive makes a delightful, different salad and I love this recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 -3 Belgian endive (apprx 1 lb)
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine thread orange marmalade
- 1 green onion, minced (use white part only)
- salt and pepper
- Cut off the bottom of the endive and separate the leaves, wash and spin dry.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, marmalade and onion, season with salt& pepper.
- Just before serving place endive leaves and walnuts in a salad bowl, pour over the dressing and toss.
- Serve immediately.
a very light salad, with a nice tangy dressing
This was wonderful. The dressing was perfect--a little tangy, a little sweet.