Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy to eat out of the jar or on Ice Cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted prunes
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried figs
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1 1⁄3-1 1⁄2 cups rum
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- In each of 3 wide mouth 1 pind clean, sterile jars layer 1/3 prunes, golden raisins, figs, apricots, and dark raisins.
- Add 1/3 cup rum to each-or a touch more if you like.
- In a 2 quart pan mix water with sugar, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Pour hot syrup into each jar leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Cover and let stand until fruits are plump-around 1 week.
- Check after 2 days and add rum if fruit is dry on top.
- After a week you are ready to serve-keeps up to 2 months.
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!!! I made these up over two months ago and forgot to post my review. I let these sit for over two weeks soaking them almost daily in more rum( the fruit really soaks it up) then processed them in my pressure canner so they would last over six months. We opened one jar up this month and although I should have opened them the night before and added more rum they were still absolutely delicious over our ice cream. Will be making these again. Thank You for sharing this recipe.