Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
While I won't go into why these are called meat spheres instead of meatballs, my DD found this recipe in my recipe file and made some up. I didn't see a recipe posted just like it. Although we are not much for meat spheres, we opt for this recipe because they are simple, baked instead of fried and are versatile. I have made these into tiny meatballs for appetizers as well. I often make double the amount and freeze some for later meals or subs. Freezing instructions follow cooking instructions.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and shape into balls ~ about the size of a golfball.
- Brown the meatballs by placing in a shallow baking dish and baking at 350º for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Place hot meatballs into sauce and let simmer while your pasta cooks.
- Here's how I freeze the meat spheres ~ I make them up and cook them as above. I let them cool a bit, place on a cookie sheet in the freezer and when they are frozen, transfer to a ziplock. I take out the amount I need for dinner and put them in a pan with a jar of sauce (or more depending on the number of spheres I am cooking) and let them simmer for 30 minutes at least ~ no need to defrost them first ~ until they are cooked! Very simple!
Excellent and easy.
First of all I have to say this is another 5* recipe from Lvs2Cook.I had to make a couple of changes due to what I had on hand,but I don't think it took away from the final product.For the seasoned bread crumbs I used plain and added 1 Tablespoon of an Italian season blend,for the chopped parsley I used 2 teaspoons of dried parsley,for the garlic clove I used about 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder.The "spheres" were easy to form,but it did take about 15 minutes more to bake to get them as brown as I liked.I simmered them in brown gravy for about 20 minutes,and the finished product was just great.this will be made again,thank you so much for posting.