Recipe by smiles4u
This was on the Barefoot Contessa this morning and it sounded so good. i added the ingred's to my shopping list immediately.
Top Review by elliesstuff
This was very good. I followed the recipe exactly except the orange sections I had were rather tart and chewy so I substituted drained mandarin orange sections which I think improved the recipe. Would definitely make this again.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans baby beets, drained
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 2 large seedless oranges, zest of
- 2 large seedless oranges, segments
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the beets and dice into 1/2-inch cubes. Place the beets in a mixing bowl and add the raspberry vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and red onions.
- Zest the oranges and then segment over a bowl to catch the juices. Add the orange zest, orange segments, and any juices and mix well.
- Taste for seasoning and serve cold or at room temperature.