Top Review by Aroostook
Dancer, What a delightful and easy to make side dish. I made one change ...I used Russian dressing in place of balsamic vinegar. My family loved this unusual recipe. It was like Harvard beets... with an attitude! Thanks for posting. Barb
- 6 large beets, cooked,skins removed and julienned
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onions, stirring often for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar and vinegar; reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add beets to onions; add salt and pepper.
- Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.