Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 6 large beets, cooked,skins removed and julienned
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onions, stirring often for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar and vinegar; reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add beets to onions; add salt and pepper.
- Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
Dancer, What a delightful and easy to make side dish. I made one change ...I used Russian dressing in place of balsamic vinegar. My family loved this unusual recipe. It was like Harvard beets... with an attitude! Thanks for posting. Barb
This was a big hit with my husband. He loves beets and I'm always looking for great recipes. Thanks Dancer!!
Since we grow beets in the garden, I'm always looking for new & different recipes - this will be served time & time again! I roasted the beets in the oven & used vidalia onions. Thanx Dancer!