Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my original recipes using ideas from Zaar. Use cooked raw beets, not already pickled.
- 59.16 ml butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- pepper, to taste
- 709.77 ml beets, cooked and cubed
- Melt the butter in large saucepan and cook onions until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add sugar and vinegar, stirring until sugar is dissolved and onions appear carmelised, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add beets and heat through.