Recipe by CulinaryQueen
One of my original recipes using ideas from Zaar. Use cooked raw beets, not already pickled.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cups beets, cooked and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in large saucepan and cook onions until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add sugar and vinegar, stirring until sugar is dissolved and onions appear carmelised, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add beets and heat through.