- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans beets, small beets, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, a generous one
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat butter, then stir in brown sugar & lemon juice & cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the beets & stir until well coated, then cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until beets are glazed.
- Stir in salt & pepper, then sprinkle beets with lemon zest & serve.