1/3 Photos of Beets - Plain and Simple
My DH loves beets.........plain and simple. There are a numerous amount of ways to serve them. When cooked, grate some orange rind over the beets. Dress them with a vinaigrette. Add some sweet onion, parsley, and hard-boiled egg chunks for a hearty salad. Mix with vegetables.
My Private Note
- 1Wash the beets and trim off the tips and tops.
- 2Place beets in a large pot of water.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook till tender, approximately 20-45 minutes (time will differ depending on the size of the beets).
- 4Remove from water when cooled and remove skin which will come off easily just by rubbing.
- 5Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beets - Plain and Simple
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g