Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My DH loves beets.........plain and simple. There are a numerous amount of ways to serve them. When cooked, grate some orange rind over the beets. Dress them with a vinaigrette. Add some sweet onion, parsley, and hard-boiled egg chunks for a hearty salad. Mix with vegetables.
- Wash the beets and trim off the tips and tops.
- Place beets in a large pot of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook till tender, approximately 20-45 minutes (time will differ depending on the size of the beets).
- Remove from water when cooled and remove skin which will come off easily just by rubbing.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
I love beets and this simple way to prepare them. I agree with Bergy that they are just great tasting plain. I did serve them this time with a orange flavoured pilaf (including orange rind) which went very well. I will be using this recipe over and over again. Made for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - OCTOBER 2011
Plain & Simple perhaps but the beets are so tasty - They don't need a lot of sauce or dressing up -Yhey are great just plain. I had new rosebud beets Mmmm
I love beets and after boiling them I added some balsamic vinegar mixed with a little sugar after slicing the beets. It comes out delicious!