Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe, reportedly from the Middle East, was found on the internet!
Top Review by Debbwl
What a tasty and easy way to make beets! The hint of ginger was a very nice. Made as written, beets were not fork tender at 45 minutes and did roast another 20 minutes before glazing, will be making these again. Thanks for the post.
- 9 medium beets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, minced
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut beets into fourths.
- In an ovenproof 3-quart saucepan, place beets, oil & broth.
- Cover & bake 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beets are tender, then remove from oven.
- Stir in orange zest, orange juice & brown sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is reduced & beets are coated with glaze.
- Stir in parsley & ginger & serve.