- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 cups cooked sliced beets or 2 (16 ounce) canssliced beets, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; slowly stir in orange juice.
- Add butter or margarine and orange zest.
- Over medium heat, cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, add beets and cook just until heated through, stirring occasionally.